Miscellaneous Services from WeaKnees.com
TiVo HD and TiVo HD XL - the Flashing Green Light Problem
Now fixable at WeaKnees!
TiVo HD model TCD652160 and TiVo HD XL model TCD658000 DVRs are prone to a specific motherboard problem that produces a flashing green light on the faceplate. The unit will produce no video out at all on any port. In most cases, the fan will still spin, the hard drive will still power up, and the ethernet lights on the back will still come on. But the unit will never boot.
We can now fix this problem. It's a very complicated motherboard repair, but we've seen enough that we are now successfully repairing almost every one we see - over 98%.
Here's how this repair works at WeaKnees:
- You choose our general Series3 repair option that starts at $99.99. See the TiVo Series3 Repair Page.
- You send your unit in and we fully diagnose the unit.
- Assuming we find the Flashing Green Light problem, we contact you and offer to repair it for an additional $79.99.
- We may also find additional problems with the unit. Sometimes, this motherboard damage occurs alongside a bad power supply, and also, much more rarely, with a bad hard drive.
- We fix the unit and ship it back to you.
Please note that if you have TiVo Product Lifetime Service (meaning you don't pay a monthly fee to TiVo), we keep that working, so you will still have Lifetime service after our repair!
To get started on this repair option, please visit our:
TiVo Series3 Repair Page
Please feel free to email us with any questions.